On this Thanksgiving, I’m most grateful for:
* My health. I feel great and am not in need of any surgery (that I’m aware of).
* My sons. Both have grown into extraordinary young men and, while I wish they both lived closer to me, I’m very proud of each for the choices they make every day.
* My job. Layoffs are taking place and I’ve never felt so anxious, but I won’t let fear rule me.
* My awareness. I see the world clearly and for that, I’m deeply grateful.
* My depth of Spirit and abiding Love for all. It carries me more often than not lately.
* Bernie Sanders. He’s a proven progressive who can move this declining nation forward.
* My family of origin. My Dad-John Joseph Connolly, taught me commitment and responsibility. My mom gave me a capacity for Love that runs deep. My sister-Regina-taught me how wounded a Soul can be. My brother-Kevin-taught me persistence.
* My only nephew Vincent. He helped me learn how hard it is to grow up in a very dysfunctional family.
* My Jr. High school algebra teacher – Dave Sell – he taught me to love myself.
I have so much to be thankful for this year. While I’m all alone this year, I am deeply grateful for everything I have.